Saturday, June 19, 2010

What's new

Lung nodules -- back to square one…

We got a second opinion from another pulmonologist and he says something different than the first doctor – but of course. I need another CT scan to rule out a fast growing metastasis…which he thinks it will do, but still, I’m back to waiting and worrying again. Not that I wasn’t already doing that since I was in a holding pattern till September’s CT to see if the nodules grew anyway. But now I will have a scan sooner and hold my breath to see if they grew fast – which would be really, really bad. On the other hand, they could also have disappeared (she said w/fingers crossed) – which would be really, really good. Hopefully I can get the CT & answer next week. This second pulmonary guy is a cancer survivor himself so he won’t keep me waiting for results, at least on his part.

More medical stuff…

I’ve been having trouble with my eye…something called recurrent erosion. I had a corneal laceration about a dozen years ago that acts up sometimes – and it chose now to do so. My body has really bad timing lately. Understatement.

About that house we were buying…

It all fell thru, and truth be told we’re kinda relieved right now. It’s a long story (um, what isn’t in my life) and it came right down to the wire in a nail biting finale. But the bottom line is we’re way better off. For now we stay put.

However someone is moving…

My mother sold her house and is moving in a week! She’s renting an apartment until she finds the right condo. This has added some chaos as you can imagine. I am glad tho, as even her little house with it’s little yard was beginning to be a bit much for her to care for. Also, she’s going to try and find a place closer to us…it’s about a 40min drive to her town now.

Thus ends the updating…

Beyond that there’s not much to tell. Okay, that’s not really true…there’s always more to tell and I’m usually up for the job of telling it and then some. Lately tho I just feel sort of on hold and more than a little preoccupied. But I wanted to put up an entry since it's been a while and so I’ve filled it with all the newsy bits and probably little substance. It will have to do for now, better than nothing.

So, till next time, this is me hanging in there…waiting….

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there girl. Goodness knows it's torture not knowing what's going on, but know that you are NOT alone in your thoughts and feelings. We are all here with you in spirit! And I know everyone reading your posts is sending you good vibes. Especially me! :o)

Jean said...

Oh Kayleigh, you don't deserve to go through all of this. I'm praying and hoping that you get good news next week. Thinking of you dear friend x

Sheila said...

Thanks for the update, hon. Thinking of you.

Hug,
Sheila

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Hoping that the next scan news is good.

Don't ya just hate all the waiting!

xx

Im

Qwerty said...

I'll be praying for good news for you!!!

Mervat said...

Always thinking of you, dear friend.

Mervat
xo