6 simple ways to look great :
1. Cut your hair. Seriously – do it. The best way to look infinitely better overnight is to have a great hairstyle. No matter how chic the outfit...no matter how much you are rocking the body you are in (and every body can be totally rocked)... if your crowning glory is just hanging there like a blanket around your face, well, it’s NOT so glorious. And you deserve to be glorious. Instead of assessing your hairstyle close-up in the mirror, take a few steps back...check out your complete silhouette to see if your hair is accentuating your entire image or just sort of dragging you down. Find yourself a good stylist and go for it!
2. Stand up straight. For real, this will make your body look waaaay better; your clothes will fit nicer and it will even take years off you -- both visually and physically. Good posture uses your muscles properly, keeps your bones and organs optimally aligned, and helps keep aches and pains at bay. Practice mindfulness to conquer this issue. Whenever possible imagine a string coming from the top of your head and pulling you upright. Let everything else fall into its natural place from there...we want you standing tall, not rigid.
3. Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize. I can’t say this enough...put on any combination of clothes sans jewelry and with few exceptions it just isn’t going to be as interesting. And adding interest is what creates style...it’s what makes even a plain tee and jeans look polished and put together. Don’t be afraid of significant pieces, either – and remember that usually it is most flattering if your accessories match your stature. It’s also a good idea to keep the focus on one area so as not to overwhelm...and since your best bet is to bring attention to your face, you rarely can go wrong with a necklace (or layer 2 or 3)...tho earrings can work too.
4. Change your make-up. Do you wear a lot? Try wearing less. Do you wear hardly any? Try wearing a little more. Try a new color, a new application method, a new focal point. Do you play up your eyes? Try a more subtle approach on your peepers and play up your lips instead...or visa versa. Find some new way of using cosmetics to shake things up, even if it’s just a small change. Tried and true is good...but don’t fall into a rut....experiment once in a while. Play! It’s only make-up.
5. Wear comfortable shoes. Yeah, I know, those heels make you look sooooo tall, they make you look leaner (unnecessary) and your butt looks good because of how they make you stand. Or so you think...but do they? Sure, when you pose in the mirror they might look awesome, but what about when you are walking around in the real world??? Do you have to take silly looking baby steps...are you trying not to grimace in pain...are you oddly tilted, slanting or hunched over trying to balance yourself? Do you think no one notices this? Trust me, it’s obvious. Of course you can wear heels...just be sensible about it, please. Nothing looks less attractive than a woman wearing unnaturally high shoes and hobbling around. If you can’t walk a block or even take a natural stride for crying out loud -- ditch the stilettoes and platform pumps. Get real and get comfy.
6. Smile...(or at least relax your face). Have you ever caught yourself in the mirror and wondered why you looked like such a sour puss? If people are often asking you what’s wrong, it might be that you are looking dour without realizing it. Go to the mall and people-watch...do you see how many folks look downright unhappy? (are they? that's a different post) Looking more amiable makes you automatically look more attractive. Mindfulness comes into play here, just like with posture. Whenever you think of it, try to relax your facial muscles, unpurse your lips, unclench your teeth, and think of something pleasant. Not only will you look better, but you’ll probably feel better too. Win/win! Plus, people might respond to you in a more positive way – yet another bonus.
And speaking of a bonus...here's another six words on the subject:
Remember, beauty is as beauty does.
|join the fun,|
click the button!