Wednesday, March 25, 2009

DMV Blues



Ah yes, getting one's license renewed can be oh so much fun -- NOT!

Today I've been to the DMV twice...and it's a 30 minute ride each way. Apparently my SS# doesn't match my name in their computer -- it's still in my maiden name. Except that I've been married for over 15 years, physically went to the SS office to change it, and this is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened to me at the DMV. So I had to go all the way home for more documentation. I know what you're thinking...you are thinking I should have learned by now and brought every single document that exists proving I am who I say I am.

Yes, I should have. What's your point?

:) Oh well, national security and all, I guess.

ANYWAY, to move beyond my little rant, lol, I had to get the whole family ready and out the door this morning to go with me because the kids both desperately need shoes and the best shoe store is near the DMV. I needed an outfit that was a total no-brainer. This fit the bill :)



The blouse is from Target and goes with practically anything and everything since there are so many colors in it, yet it is also fairly neutral since the pattern is small. The jeans are Target as well, and the Sofft Maryjanes are secondhand. The cardigan is from NY&Co, and I wore it for the color in case I needed a new license picture (I didn't). The necklace, barely seen, is a gift from my mother.


Hope you all have a wonderful, completely frustration-free day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the DMV ... bleh. At least you looked lovely for your ordeal.

*Diane* said...

now i'm dreading going to renew my license, i forgot all about the DMV drama. Your necklace is absolutely lovely,i see you've got a stylish mom as well :-)

Mervat said...

No brainer maybe, but you still look great!

Kayleigh said...

Thanks all :)

Sal, thanks! Ugh, ain't it the truth!

Diane, thank you, my mom is pretty stylish actually -- I'll be sure to tell her you said that, she'll be tickled :)

Mervat -- aww, thanks :D

Thanks again everyone!

Londyn said...

You look great - love the color and pattern together.

Seeker said...

Can I ask you a favour? If you are inclined, would you be so kind as

to pop over to http://style.la-mimi.com/weekly-fashion-idol/vote-for-your-favorite-fashion-idol/

I just would love if you would vote for your favourite. Better if you vote for me. :)

Thank you

The Seeker

Sheila said...

Love the necklace and that cardi on you.

Ah, you poor thing, what a pain.

Trace said...

Sorry I'm late but just wanted to say that necklace is stunning. Totally beautiful, I love that stone.

Kayleigh said...

Thanks all!

Londyn, thank you, I take that as high praise, I admire your style very much :D

Seeker -- thanks for stopping by, I voted!

Sheila -- thanks! Ah yes, the trials and tribulations of the DMV...at least it's only every four years, lol.

Trace -- thanks, I'm in love with it too, the stone seems to set of so many shades of blue really nicely :)

Thanks again everyone!