Monday, July 6, 2009

PHOTO: growing on me

























After my first photo of the new doo I decided to take the marvelous advice of some commenters and try doing my hair curly. The good news is I kinda like it, the bad news is it required even more help from a curling iron than when it was longer! Without the taming effect of a few well placed curls I looked more like a Celtic version of Roseanne Roseannadanna. (Ah, Gilda, how we miss you.)

Anyway, not quite the easy maintenance style I was shooting for post mastectomy-wise. I'm thinking hats and scarves could make an appearance after the surgery before I even lose a lock to chemo. At least in the meantime I hate it alot less -- in fact, it's actually kinda growing on me and I also like it when I wear it smooth now, too. Funny how so many things take alot of getting used to...big or small, change can be a real bitch.

Hope everyone that celebrates had a GREAT 4th!

9 comments:

Jean said...

I like the curls, but I also like it straight too. Very chic.

Chuck Dilmore said...

you will always be stunning...
. talent-wise
. looks-wise
. wisdom-wise

maybe try leaving your hair to the wind, one day. wash & then just let it air dry. pretend you're on the beach and nothing matters!

that's what i do. but i'm a guy. (translated: simpleton!)

peace, Kayleigh~

Kayleigh said...

notSupermum -- thanks, I'll take chic any day!

Chuck, you are too funny, and very kind :)

La Belette Rouge said...

LOL @ Celtic Rosanne-Rosannadanah! I do find that when I go shorter it requires more work. Totally counter intuitive.

Sheila said...

I love it curly! I've found that a bit of moulding wax or paste (I like Got 2 Be's stuff) rubbed between your palms and then scrunched through the hair gives it some extra oomph and curl and helps the curl stay.

Kayleigh said...

La Belette -- yes, you are so right -- why IS that? Makes no sense to me.

Sheila, oh, hey -- I do happen to have some paste, I will totally try that, thanks!

sallymandy said...

Cute, cute. ! Your hair is soo pretty.

Kari said...

Man, I *wish* I could wear my bob curly or straight, but my hair doesn't give me the "curly" choice. The grass is always greener, I guess.

My grandma's hair grew back VERY curly and thick post-chemo but eventually went back to her old texture. This was back in the early 1990s and chemo drugs were pretty high dose overall. I don't think my aunt lost a lot of hair because she was able to be on a very low chemo dose. I think that everybody is a bit different.

You are and will be beautiful throughout all of this.

(And as to your most recent post, wishing you lots of clarity and peace of mind about whatever decision you and the doctor come to.)

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Can you do it with some product and let it air dry? Or does it just go to frizz?

Hope you get to keep your nipple.