Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Quick check & a post script

Michael, the kids and I are going to pick up my films and slides today so that I will have them for my first doc appt -- which is tomorrow, with a surgical onconlogist...the first of 3 such docs, along with 2 medical oncologists as well. My last scheduled appointment with anyone (thus far, anyway) is the 12th, I believe.

Since we will be near various stores today that carry things we need, we are also making a major supply run and stocking up. It reminds me of when I was pregnant and Michael would come home from BJ's with more paper towels than a family could use in a year. It reminds me of that, but it's not the same.

Anyway, I may or may not post much today & tomorrow, it's hard to say. So just in case I really wanted to put this up as a sort of little check in. It might sound weird, but I feel like it's the least I can do, to keep in touch...all of you wonderful amazing friends have been so loving, your support has become so important to me and my family that I wouldn't want to leave you hanging or wondering.

See ya later...

EVENING PS: All went well gathering films and slides. We hit Whole Foods hard and spent a small fortune, but it's even more worth it than usual to stock up on healthy, organic stuff. If there's a natural disaster, come to my house, I got plenty.

My doc appointment is in the morning tomorrow, so this counts as my little check in :)

Goodnight, see ya...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE do continue to check in, K. It helps me sleep at night ... sending all my good vibes out your way.

Jean said...

Kayleigh, you are soooooooo nice. In fact, if you don't stop being so flippin' nice I'm going to have to stop reading your blog. :-)

Good luck tomorrow - give 'em hell!

Kayleigh said...

LOL -- nonSupermum, I love you :D

La Belette Rouge said...

Happy Costco shopping( um, I think that is an oxymoron;-). Thanks for checking in. I like coming over here and seeing a post( but no pressure. Post when you want).

Lots of hugs, love, good thoughts and paper towels.
xo

Mervat said...

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date. Now, I'll keep an eye out for any twisters, hurricanes, earth quakes....I'll be the one curled up on that lovely deck of yours waiting 'til you get back!

xxoo

Jean said...

Just wondering how the appointment went today, but I understand that you may not want to post. I hope you are ok. x