Friday, April 10, 2009

Hurry up and wait




I had these pictures from last Sunday and was planning to post them today. I decided why not – we are happy and beautiful and maybe if I can focus on that, even if for just a few seconds here and there, than it will help with the waiting.

The waiting – argh, yet another round of hurry up and wait with our lovely American medical system…been here before. I got an appointment for the needle biopsy, the first step before the surgical one, for two weeks from now. TWO WEEKS? I will need a truckload of tranquilizers to get thru two weeks.

The good news, well, relatively speaking, is that the results from the needle biopsy will be had in 2-3 business days…so once I get the appointment I’ll know when I will know…something.

So my task for today is to make phone calls, to find somewhere to take me sooner. Like yesterday would be good, lol.

I cannot say it enough, how much all your support and well wishes have meant to me and my family. My DH thinks you all are the best bunch of folks ever (me too!!!!) Thank you really does seem so small, but it will have to do. Thank you.

I will keep updating in some manner, promise.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, beautiful ... do keep us posted.

Shallow Coffee said...

Good thoughts and prayers being sent your way.

Jean said...

You're in my thoughts K, take care. xx

Sheila said...

What lovely kids you have! And you look amazing, hon. *hug* Thinking of you.

The WalMart Vegan said...

Your family is so beautiful! We're keeping you in our prayers.

(I hate the speed that the medical system crawls at.)

Anonymous said...

I hope everything turns out well and that all your worrying is for nothing.

Lots of positive and healing energy heading your way.

Mervat said...

What a beautiful photo!

To help get you through these two weeks (and hopefully less) keep posting, keep blogging, keep doing whatever you normally do to make the time pass. We are here with open eyes to read your 1000 words, to see the pics you post and to send you hugs and kisses.

xxoo

Kayleigh said...

Thank you Sal, I will!

Kristen, thank you so much, it really helps :)

notSupermum, your support means alot, thank you so much!

Sheila, a hug right back at ya...thanks, they are pretty cute, huh?

Modest Mom, thank you! And yes, crawl is the perfect description for the pace this is going.

Debbie, thank you so much, I hope it's nothing too!

Mervat, can I just tell you again how wonderful you are? Thank you SO much for all your encouraging thoughts and heartfelt wishes. Big hugs and kisses right back :)

Thanks again everyone, I promise to keep blogging in one form or another...it helps with the waiting and besides, I'd miss you all if I didn't!

Unknown said...

Kayleigh - I just came upon your blog. You and your family are beautiful! I will keep you in my prayers also. hugs,

fashionafterforty.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Awww you all look soooo beautiful and happy! I hope I too can have such sweet children, one day (and look as good as you do after actually having them, lol!).

You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm eager to hear what's up with you. Sending you vibes of strength and calm and joy ...

Jane said...

Green is such a calming colour and suits you so well. Wear green. Take Care. X

Trace said...

Hi K - just catching up on my blog reading this morning and wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and sending tons of positive vibes your way. And a big hug. I love the pictures of you and your kids in this post, you are all beautiful and so happy! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers these next few weeks!!!

Erica said...

Oh gosh, I am thinking of you! You and your kids are so beautiful! And you are strong and amazing--everything will be alright!

Kayleigh said...

Thanks you everyone...all of your well wishes really do help, I can't thank you enough :)