Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Call me Bitch for luck

Tomorrow is biopsy day.

It's more than very doubtful that I'll find out any info...but I'm still a nervous wreck. I suffer from anxiety attacks, albeit infrequently now, but medical procedures are practically a guaranteed trigger. I've got my trusty Xanax for the event, but in the meantime I'm on edge.

Which brings me to the strange post title.

See, when DH and I were going thru infertility there were lots of medical tests and procedures on the course of that journey that, if I described them to you, would sound like sadistic torture methods designed by an evil, and misogynistic, enemy dictator.

Perhaps I'm weird, but sometimes when on the verge of tears all it takes is a nice gesture, like a sympathetic look or the squeeze of my hand, and that sends me completely over the edge into uncontrollable crying.

On one of our many long drives to NYC for a torture session, er, I mean fertility doc appt, DH was being very sweet to me, trying to offer comfort and make me feel better. I was on the edge, ready to burst into tears any second, and so I screamed at him, "Stop being so damn nice to me, will ya!" To which, my mild mannered and gentle-hearted husband replied, without missing a single beat,

"Okay, Bitch."

I turned to look at him, hardly believing my ears, and he was grinning at me with a twinkle in his eye. I burst out laughing. It was just what I needed.

Since then, whenever I've had to face something big and anxiety provoking that joke has become our private way of being supportive, a loving shorthand.

So, my blogger friends, I need all the help I can get now. Call me Bitch for luck, okay?


PS: I may not post again until Friday...but I will certainly post if I find something out before then, rest assured. Allegedly the results will be available by sometime on Monday at the latest.

18 comments:

Jean said...

Good luck Bitch xx

Kendra said...

I'm thinking of you, Bitch!!!

Trace said...

LOL this is a classic story!! Thinking of you, praying for you, hang in there K.

Good luck Bitch!! =)

Cassie said...

We'll be thinking about you!! Good luck Bitch!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the luck and serenity in the world, MEGABITCH!

Unknown said...

This is Anusha bitch, trying to imitate Rick James/Britney and failing, but I digress ... sending looooooooooads of calm fortunate joyous vibes your way!

La Belette Rouge said...

Love you, Bitch. Thinking of you today and tomorrow and until we hear from you.xo

Jean said...

Been thinking about you today bitch, wishing you well. Let us know how you are when you're ready to. x

Chuck Dilmore said...

all the best, Biotch.

Sheila said...

You're the supreme Bitch of the Bitch Universe, the Bitch Queen Supreme.

And I say that with affection.

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

bitch is the new black. you are loved by all us bloggin' bitches.

Jane said...

Thinking of you xxxxxxx

La Belette Rouge said...

Bitch, I can't stop thinking about you. Until I hear from you I am off to play with my bitch, Lily. Post when you can.
xoxo

sallymandy said...

Sorry dear, I can't call you bitch. There, I did it. Love to you ALL this week.

Anonymous said...

Let us know, YOU SKANKY BEYOTCH!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. We'll call you 'bitch' but just don't ask us to spank you.

Jean said...

Yo bitch, wassup?

Jean said...

p.s. I'm still reeling from Karen using the word 'skanky'!!!