Friday, January 9, 2009

Slip sliding away

We got hit by a storm and my deck is practically a skating rink. But for you, my dear readers, I braved the ice :)

The peplum sweater from NY&Co is a triplet -- I've worn the blue one before and the purple one just recently. It's very comfy -- a real "pull it on and go" type piece, yet just by virtue of it's shape the garment creates an interesting look, IMO.

The jeans & boots are Target, the scarf is from the Avenue. The bracelet is NY&Co -- a recent purchase for only $3.99!


I also thought I'd provide the second picture to show you just how truly brave (or crazy) I was to slide out there for my photo today. I just managed to steady myself after doing a little impromtu figure skating.

Judges score?

Have a great (and safe) weekend everyone!

9 comments:

Jean said...

Not sure if you can see this, but I'm holding up a card with a 6.0 on it! Top marks!

Love the green, and the fact you took a risk for the photo - but be careful!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I admire your dedication to the outdoor shot - risking life and limb for a little natural light. Love those blues and greens together!

Jane said...

Another 6 here!

La Belette Rouge said...

Careful you skating queen you!! Your outfit is much better than anything Nancy Karagan ever wore. I know I said it before but I love the green on you.

Kayleigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayleigh said...

Thanks all!

notSupermum, LOL -- thank you! Just wait, the winter's still young...I'll be attempting some sort of triple axle before long :)

Sal -- ah yes, vanity has it's limits I suppose....haven't reached mine yet, but we'll see. I wonder if folks are taking bets on what will get me first, the cold or the ice, lol?

Thanks Jane -- I'm going for the gold!

Le Belette Rouge -- OMG, I forgot about her, too funny :) What was the other one's name....oh yeah (Googled it) Tonya Harding. Yes, well I won't be trying to get out of any pictures due to shoelace malfunctions, I promise :D

Thanks again everyone!

Hillary said...

Wow! Barving the snoew and ice. Love that scarf with the green.

Sheila said...

Great colour on you, Kayleigh, and super accessorizing with the scarf and bangle!

You've got to be careful in the ice; I've fallen twice this year already!

Kayleigh said...

Thanks Hillary, thanks Sheila!

Not sure whether I was brave or stupid, lol! Prior to this little blog of mine no one would've gone out on the back deck if it was icy. I'm thinking perhaps some sand kept near the back door is in order.

I've had that scarf, and another similar one, for at least 10 years. I guess even before I made a conscious effort to wear those colors I was drawn to them.

Oh, and Sheila, you be careful too!

Thanks again :)