Friday, November 21, 2008

Casual Friday -- SAHM Style

Yup, even us SAHM's like the concept of "casual Fridays"...so here's my take on the idea, lol.

Ok, true confessions: if I'm not going out I pretty much wear sweats & T's (plus a sweater if it's cold). But I am running out real quick to the market to pick up a few little things so I put on actual clothing and some make-up. (Along with my reading glasses perched atop my head so I can read nutritional labels if need be.)

The blue cardigan sweater is from Target, the brown, faux-layered Henley is from Macy's. Jeans are my old standby Lee's from Kohl's and the brown, non-athletic sneakers are Steve Maddens from TJMaxx. My little, navy blue beaded necklace is from a dollar store -- thrown on special just for the photographic occasion :D

8 comments:

Trace said...

I like those Steve Maddens! Still comfortable for running around, but more refined than plain old sneakers.

Have a great weekend!! =)

Kayleigh said...

Thanks Trace -- you too!!!

Sheila said...

Confession: I live in jeans and sweaters around the house. I refuse to subject my poor husband to the sight of me in sweats (he had to endure years of The Jammie Pants from Hell before I cut them up with scissors).

The jeans I have on right now are a fashion victim nightmare: heavy fades, embroidery down one thigh and green rhinestones all over the thigh and pockets. Whatever I was thinking when I got them, I don't wear them in public!

Good for you for maintaining your style!

Autumn said...

Yeah, I pretty much wear sweats and t's around the house too. Tonight it's sweats and a sweatshirt, with sock monkey slippers. )

I like this outfit. You look great, but I am also pretty sure you feel super comfortable. I love that.

Kayleigh said...

Sheila, you are soooo funny -- I have clothes I wouldn't dream of wearing in public too, yet I bought them at some point with that in mind...what was I thinking??? That stuff gets relegated to the "hang around the house" drawer in my wardrobe...that or donated to a local charity if I think someone else might like them better than me :)

Kayleigh said...

Autumn -- sock monkey slippers, how cute!

Yes, this outfit was uber comfy. I like to dress up a bit whenever I leave the house usually, but when it comes to food shopping I don't really....lugging the groceries is best not done in any kind of nice outfit, at least for me...I'm klutzy enough to get gunk on myself or have some bag spring a leak all over me or something, lol.

Jane said...

The great thing about jeans is that they can be dressed up or down and once you find the perfect pair it is so satisfying. My favourites are Gap Curvy but yours look pretty great too. The background looks lovely. I hope you had a good day.

Kayleigh said...

Thank Jane! My jeans are good, but they are not my "perfect" pair...I'm still hunting for them. You are soooo right about dressing them up or down. And I'll have to try the Gap Curvy on my quest :D