Monday, November 17, 2008

Scarves & belts & tights -- oh my!

My new favorite color combination is red & brown -- there's something a little unexpected about it yet it's not garish or jarring in anyway. The cable knit sweater I'm wearing was a long-ago gift, as was the wooden beaded necklace. The bracelet & belt were thrifted. The brown cardigan is one of my 3 favorite cardis -- a John Paul Richard from Macys. I love the shape of it...the way it nips in at the high waist gives whatever I'm wearing a curvy silhouette. The brown linen/cotton blend skirt is from Talbots and a great sort of "go w/everything" kinda garment. The Merona tights & brown Karla boots are from Target.


In the picture below I'm ready to leave and also wearing a denim jacket from Chadwicks, my ubiquitous black bag from Target and a scarf from the Avenue.

This outfit is a perfect example of integrating new looks into my repertoire. The scarf was inspired by a week of how to's on scarves over at What I wore today. Mine is just casually draped around my neck and over the shoulder, but I'd never have even thought to wear one with a denim jacket if it weren't for Kasmira.

And I've talked about being brave enough to wear a belt a few times here, both in a post and in various comments with other bloggers who've been nice enough to come by. They've all encouraged me to try it more often, so I thought I'd give it a go today -- with good results, don't you think?

So to all of you whose wonderful blogs I now follow, and all of you who have soooo graciously commented here at Fashionably Later -- thank you, keep up the good work of being so creative and inspiring...you're all amazing! I can't wait to see what you do next, and to hear your ideas & thoughts here on my comments :D

4 comments:

Trace said...

Great look, so well put-together! I really need to find a cardigan like that for work - something more fitted at the waist to give me some shape.

Just checked out What I Wore Today after you mentioned it - another inspiring blog!

Kayleigh said...

Thanks trace! I just love a shapely cardi -- I hunt for them constantly. It does the work of a jacket in terms of creating curves but with alot more comfort (IMO). I discovered all that by accident when I bought the brown one I wore today, so it has a special place in my heart, lol. It goes with nearly everything and I wear it ALOT.

I so love Kasmira's blog...inspiring indeed! Her use of color is amazing, isn't it?

*Diane* said...

Love it!!! unexpected color combinations = AWESOME!

Kayleigh said...

Thanks so much Lady D!!! You have such a way w/color yourself, so that's high praise :)