Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Wardrobe Capsule Challenge -- outfit 2


Day 2 of the Wardrobe Capsule Challenge from Jane at WorkThatWardrobe. Don't forget to check out my Day 1 outfit, too :)

Today I'm wearing a black camisole (gift) under a green pintuck blouse & plum argyle style sweater vest both from NY&Co, along with my favorite dark washed Ralph Lauren Jeans. The brown Maryjanes are secondhand.

The tie around my neck is actually just a part of the top; a belt that comes with it -- and since I thought my neck looked bare and we're limited in using accessories, well, I went with what I had, lol.

So far this has been loads of fun, and the whole process has taught me that I can really work my wardrobe -- hey, hmmmm, do ya think that's the concept that inspired the name of her blog? That Jane, very clever one she is :)

Just to reiterate my choices yet again, here are my 10 wardrobe pieces for the 5 days:

Sheath dress, brownish/beige
Skirt, black & white print
Jeans, dark wash
Blouse, navy satin
Blouse, green pin tuck w/removable tie
Vest, plum argyle sweater
Cardigan, black, blue & plum striped
Camisole, black w/lace trim
Boots, dark espresso
Shoes, brown MaryJanes

My 5 accessories are:

Pin, faux pearl & silver
Belt, black wide
Scarf, shades of blue
Necklace, green wooden beads
Purse, black shoulder bag

Aside from my undergarments I also will wear a pair of plum & a pair of navy tights.

Gotta say, I've been so HUGELY impressed with everyone else's first day outfits yesterday that I can't wait to see what today brings :)
See ya tomorrow!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Cute colors! Let that tie hang loose though maybe?

K.L.R. (aka Kayleigh) said...

Thanks Karen! I love plums & greens, they are practically neutrals in my closet.

Lol, I must have tried tying the belt a gazillion times in a myriad of different ways, I knew it would work SOMEHOW. Eventually I just decided this was the best I could do :)

notSupermum said...

I LOVE those colours on you, they really suit you and your hair takes on a completely different tone. Fab!

Jane said...

Looking good. Ilove the colours on you!

K.L.R. (aka Kayleigh) said...

Thanks notSupermum & Jane!

My hair & my eyes seem to VASTLY change color depending on what I'm wearing. I've had people accuse me of dying my hair from one day to the next, or of wearing contacts -- neither of which I do, lol.

*Lady D* said...

Great Colors! and i love how you used the tie on your shirt as a necklace! you look lovely!

Trace said...

Great outfit K! It really just pops in that photo! So creative wiht the tie too, I'll have to remember that.

K.L.R. (aka Kayleigh) said...

Thanks Lady D & Trace!

That tie was both a PITA and inspired, lol -- in reality if I weren't doing this challenge I would have probably worn the green beads w/this outfit...but since I'm wearing them later in the week I didn't want to over use them, thus the flash of inspiration w/the tie :) Necessity really IS the mother of invention!

Sheila said...

Ooh, I think I need to raid YOUR wardrobe, Kayleigh! I love this green blouse!

I might have done the tie in the hair instead, like a headband. It's a little distracting from the pattern of the vest.

You look great!

K.L.R. (aka Kayleigh) said...

Gee thanks Sheila, that's high praise since your wardrobe is so enviable :D Oh, and I bought the same blouse in a royal blue, too, which I'm extra glad I did.

Hmmmm...I don't normally wear things in my hair, but you know, that is a thought....and I think you are totally right, it does distract from the vest, that's what's wrong. I'll tell ya, if I weren't doing the challenge I think I would have chosen a simple necklace to fill in the space for sure. My neck looked too bare w/o something but that tie-as-scarf think just wasn't hitting the right mark.