Thursday, December 4, 2008

Wardrobe Capsule Challenge -- outfit 4

This is day 4 of the Wardrobe Capsule Challenge from Jane of the stylish blog, WorkThatWardrobe. If you'd like to see what I wore for the last three days, just click the number: (1) (2) (3). (or you could just scroll down)

And if you are wondering what I'm laughing about in the photo, my adorable little 2yo DS is making funny faces at me from the other side of the sliding glass door :)

I'm wearing the brownish/beige Merona sheath-style dress from Target that I wore on Day 1, but now it's with the plum argyle vest from NY&Co. layered over it from Day 2.

Today I've also added a few additional pieces from the list, such as the necklace of green wooden beads that came from a dollar store and the Unisa boots from Marty's, along with plum tights and a wide black belt -- both from Target.


This outfit is the first one where I think an item could look vaguely familiar -- namely the sweater vest because it's argyle pattern is rather memorable. Had I chosen another, less detailed vest or cardigan I think no one would have noticed it was already worn on Day 2. In real life this could also have been remedied by adding a distinctive accessory, too. But I'm still pretty pleased -- and this outfit was really comfy...I'll definitely wear it again. And I really love this sheath dress; it was fun playing with it in preparation for this challenge. I hoped it would be a versatile piece and work with layers over or under it, and it really is turning out to be a smart buy on my part -- a classic item I'll get alot of use out of, IMO.


If you'd like to see a list of all my wardrobe pieces, accessories, and the coat & bag I've used all week, click here.

I've a busy day ahead and might not get to check in with my blogging friends & sister challengers till tomorrow -- but no doubt you all look fabulous and have outdone yourselves as usual :) See you for the final day tomorrow :)

12 comments:

V said...

Love this outfit! And what a challenge, not sure if I could do it!

Goober said...

Love the use of the vest over the dress, plus that belt - perfection!

ohthatgirl said...

I love this outfit combination. Everything is so spot on and compliments the other items perfectly. ♥

Paul said...

This is my favourite look so far!

Kasmira said...

I love the vest! And you've styled it in a current and flattering manner.

Jean said...

Another great outfit!

Trace said...

K - so fashionable!! I would never think to wear the vest over the dress, it looks great. You are inspiring me, I love checking to see what you're gonna wear next!

P.S. I got the black velvet skinnies in the mail finally - they fit perfectly! Trying to decide if I should keep them though...I feel like none of my tops go with them or something! Anyway I'll post about it on the blog...=)

Sheila said...

This is my favourite look of yours! The boots are fab! A sheath dress is one of the most functional wardrobe items every, in my opinion.

Hillary said...

Man I may have to do this challenge the next time around. Love this. Lokking forward to seeing your look tomorrow.

Kayleigh said...

Gosh, so many lovely comments -- thank you all, it was so nice to read these :D

V -- no doubt you could totally do this, I know it!

Goober -- thanks so much :)

OTG -- this outfit just sort of fell together as I was laying things out & experimenting and I'm sooo glad it did.

Jane -- Thanks! This is my fave outfit so far too...tho the 5th one is my very fave.

Kasmira -- Thank you! I thought this was current too, it's so neat that you said that :) I've really enjoyed seeing how you've used a dress this week too, you are just so inventive :)

Thanks notSupermum -- and I really enjoy your blog, btw!

Trace, thanks :D And it's sooo funny you said that about the jeans, I actually thought the SAME thing at first -- in fact I had them for quite a while before I actually started trying to make outfits w/them. I'll pop over to your blog and see what's what...looking forward to it!

Sheila -- thanks so much, I'm flattered :D And wow, you are soooo right about the sheath dress...I'd hoped it would work out that way but gee, it really is an amazingly versatile piece, I don't know how I lived without it before now, lol!

Hillary -- Thanks, and you should try the challenge, I know you'd rock it out :)

Thanks again everybody...y'all made my day!!!

*Diane* said...

you look fantastic!the vest belted really pops against the sheath dress, and the plum tights = awesome!

Kayleigh said...

Thanks so much Lady D! I'm tellin' ya, this is the little dress that could, lol. It's so plain Jane yet everything I put with it works.