Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A tale of three dresses...


Back about a week and a half ago when I wore the Black dress from Chadwick's you see here, I mentioned I had two other of the exact same dress and was trying to decide which two of the three I should keep, since owning three of the same dress seemed excessive (or so I thought). A couple people suggested I show photos of the other dresses. I've actually already worn the blue one but also took a newer photo of it, tho I'm not thrilled with the cardigan (too long, too bulky).

Of course it's all a moot point now since I've changed my mind and am keeping all three of the dresses! (Oh come on, you knew I would, didn't you, lol?)

But before that decision was made (and before the snow hit) I took some pix of the green printed one, too -- and since I'm not going anywhere today and therefore not really getting dressed beyond sweats & a tee, I thought I'd go ahead and post the photos of the three dresses.



Oh, and I particularly like the pop of color from the plum cardigan w/the green printed dress since it's a pale shade of sage (tho not quite as pale as the photo portrays). Incidentally, that cardi is the same one (sans fur trim) worn in the awful original pix from the once dubbed "that red dress", before the improved photos of the renamed "Lady In Red".


Wow, so now I guess I've come almost full circle on all this: I'm keeping all three Chadwick's dresses, the red dress is redeemed and I've even kept the plum cardigan -- gee, all that's left is to use the fur trim!


13 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

The plum and the green together are the BEST!!!! I love that combo!:-)

Jean said...

Love the green and plum together - looks great!

Kasmira said...

I also love the green and plum! It deserves a bigger picture. :)

Kayleigh said...

Thanks so much everyone!

It's funny -- pairing the plum cardi w/the dress was sort of an accident. I'd been wearing an outfit w/plum tights & decided to have DH take the photo of the green dress. I'd forgotten the dress was short enough for my knees to show. When I saw the color combo I added the necklace...then the cardi. Voila! An outfit was born :D

Don't ya just love it when that happens?

Trace said...

My fav is the green print too and I LOVE it with the purple cardi! Oh this post makes me smile, the three dresses, this is completely something I would do! Pretty awesome dress.

Sheila said...

I clicked on the picture and spotted the purple tights right away - great outfit! That plum is a super color on you.

What about re-using the fur trim as fur cuffs on an old sweater? I have a pair of black faux fur detatchable wrist cuffs - they look great with a long-sleeved turtleneck.

Kayleigh said...

Thanks Trace, thanks Sheila!

Gosh I'm so glad everyone likes the green w/the plum cardi -- that's my fave too :)

I'm glad I made you smile Trace -- I think we're alot alike :)

That's a REALLY great idea for the fur, Sheila! I'm going to experiment with it as a neck piece first but I suspect based on the original pix that look just doesn't work on me so I think your idea might just be the ticket. Never would have thought of that, you are so clever :)

Thanks again you two!

Shallow Coffee said...

That dress, in every color, looks terrific on you. Have you had much luck with Chadwick's clothing? I am always looking at their site, but worried about quality.

Kayleigh said...

Hi Kristen! Thanks so much :)

Aside from these dresses the only other thing I've ordered from Chadwicks is a denim jacket -- which I really LOVE...it's cut nicely yet still looks enough like a traditional jean jacket, you know? (here's a link to a post where you can see me wearing the jacket: http://fashionably-later.blogspot.com/2008/11/testing_10.html )

Anyway, the dresses seem decent quality too, I mean, they are a polyester blend so not quite a "fancy" material as fabrics go, lol, but they don't appear badly made. At the price point I think they are totally worth it, IMO.

HTH & thanks again! :)

Anonymous said...

Kayleigh, I like the two printed dresses on you very much! The colors are right for your coloring. Can I just say though, that I don't really like black on you. I hope you don't mind my saying that. Maybe you could wear a softer color up by your face when you wear black on top? Karen

Kayleigh said...

Thanks Karen, and I don't mind you saying that at all :) I actually rarely wear just black because I am so very fair I think it does wash me out. But every once in a while I just sort of go for it anyway, lol.

I think another way I could wear the black dress is either with a colored scarf or even a bold necklace in better colors for me -- what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Yes! Or, you could use a cardi or a pullover in one of your good colors. I have very little black left in my closet now. I am getting lighter and lighter as I age (gray hair dyed blonde equals light), pale skin from obssessive sunscreen usage. I just realized the black was aging me and was just as "loud" as wearing a bright color! You're doing really good! I love your velvet pants from Inc. I love the Inc. stuff! I ordereed two
GREAT sweaters from the men's dept at J.Crew, they came today...One was only 19.99 and is cotton and cashmere. It's my "boyfriend" cardigan in a soft robin's egg blue with dark brown buttons. I feel like a champ! You're really good at shopping on a budget, and I like what you do with your pieces!

Annabelle said...

Lovely dresses!! You are looking great in green printed dress!!