Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wardrobe Capsule Challenge -- outfit 3

Day 3 of the Capsule Wardrobe Challenge put forth by the lovely Jane of WorkThatWardrobe. Check out Day 1 & Day 2 if you'd like to see what I've worn so far.

Today I'm wearing the NY&C0 navy satin blouse again that I wore under the dress on Day 1, but this time with a black, blue & plum striped cardigan, also from NY&Co. The cardigan is being held closed by the faux pearl pin from Target, also previously worn on Monday.

The blue scarf from a discount store that I used as a belt for the sheath dress on Day 1 is now around my neck. The jeans, worn on Day 2, are my ever ubiquitous dark washed Ralph Laurens ...and the uber comfy brown Maryjanes are a secondhand find.

If you'd like to see the list of all 10 wardrobe pieces + 5 accessories, along with a photo taken earlier in the week of the coat & bag I'll be using throughout this challenge -- click here.

This is the "hump day" outfit -- 2 more days to go...stay tuned!!!!

10 comments:

Jane said...

Your look today looks totally different. I am so glad you are enjoying the challenge - can't wait for tomorrow!

*Diane* said...

I really like the colors you've chosen! And the brooch serving as the closure, brilliant!

Kayleigh said...

Thanks Jane -- I was surprised at the different looks I could create with these pieces...I'm telling you, packing for my next trip will be sooooo much lighter after all I've learned from this, lol!

Kayleigh said...

Thanks Lady D! The cardigan actually has no buttons anyway, it's called an "open front" style according to the description. But I like it sort of cinched to help define my waist, so I thought the pin would do the trick :)

Sheila said...

Pinning the cardi at the waist is a great idea - I may have to steal it!

You look amazing in blues, greens and purples. Such great colours on you.

Good use of the scarf!

Erica said...

Agreed with everyone above! And that cardigan is great...good colors together! I might steal them for an outfit. :)

Trace said...

ANother great outfit! What a cool cardigan! There have been so many great NY&Co finds on the blogs I've been reading lately. You're doing a fab job with this wardrobe challenge, K.

Oh and I really like that pearl pin too!

Jean said...

Wow, those blues and greens are really your colour palette aren't they? You look really lovely in them, they suit you so well.

Hillary said...

This is an awesome look. Love the contrast of blues between the scarf.

Kayleigh said...

Gee, thanks all!

Sheila -- Thanks! I almost didn't buy the cardi because left to hang open it just didn't do it for me. But I was wearing a pin that day and tried it in the dressing room -- voila!

Erica -- Thanks :) And please "steal" away, I'm very flattered...I get my best ideas from all of you!

Trace....thanks so much! You know, I really should give credit to OhThatGirl from the blog WhatThatGirlWears for turning me on to NY&Co's cardigans...she wears them often too and that's what made me start really hording them, lol.

notSupermum -- thank you :) And you know, I was just thinking that maybe since these colors are so prevalent in my closet that I should try and incorporate them into my home more...what do ya think? Right now my house is all done in beige/white/tan/gray w/touches of green...kind of cottage-serene, but maybe a little bland.

Hillary -- thanks! That scarf just called to me from beneath a pile of ugly ones in a discount store...I'm so glad I found it, it really goes w/lots of my stuff.

Thanks again everybody :D