Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's a keeper

I've had this black dress from Chadwicks hanging around for quite a while, waiting to see if I'd keep it (thus it's slightly wrinkled appearance). As I said yesterday, when the garment is basic in nature I like to buy in pairs if other colors are available and this is yet another case in point -- I have the same dress in a blue print. But I also have this dress in the green print too, not as yet worn. So -- three exact same dresses, albeit very different colors/patterns, seemed a bit much. Thus I was trying to decide which two to keep.

I'm definitely keeping this black one. The fit is great, I think, as it is with it's sister dresses. But more so this is about as fundamental a piece as you can get. Tho not the quintessential little black dress it's at least a real good basic black dress. I can see accessorizing this in myriad ways -- always a good thing. In fact I think this outfit could use a pop of color. I'll be wearing it with a denim jacket and scarf today, so that will provide the ooomph this time.

I wanted to wear my comfy brown Merona Karla boots from Target with it so chose the brown belt from NY&Co to tie the color in plus add emphasis at the waist. Not long ago I'd never have mixed brown & black together and now I've learned this really does work.

The dress has earned a slot in my closet. Now...which one to return?




7 comments:

*Diane* said...

Ok, great minds think alike because i'm wearing a lbd today too!
I clicked on the pic, to get a better view of your outfit and not to be a creeper, but i see some nip action...lol. now if that was intended rock on. but apart from that, you look fab!

*Diane* said...

oh and i do the same thing too w/ t-shirts...

Kayleigh said...

Lady D -- gosh, yeah, I noticed it later after I posted and clicked on it myself. I guess it was a little colder out than I realized, lol! Oh well...such is life :)

Sheila said...

Great dress! I agree, you need a pop of colour here (tights??). Post pics of the other colours/patterns of the dress so we can see!

Autumn said...

I like this dress a lot! It looks great on you.

Why do you have to return any of the other dresses? If they all look different, who will know? Show us!

Kayleigh said...

Thanks Sheila & Autumn...and you're right, I should put on the dresses and post them. Next week I'll do a post with both the other dresses on and slap the black dress pic right along side.

(but secretly I think Autumn hit the nail on the head...I'm leaning towards keeping all three, lol!)

And Sheila -- tights, that's what would do it! (and of course you have the perfect pair of turquoise ones, lol, don't you :)

Anonymous said...

Looking gorgeous..! Few months back, I too got a black dress from Chadwicks.