Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's a keeper

I've had this black dress from Chadwicks hanging around for quite a while, waiting to see if I'd keep it (thus it's slightly wrinkled appearance). As I said yesterday, when the garment is basic in nature I like to buy in pairs if other colors are available and this is yet another case in point -- I have the same dress in a blue print. But I also have this dress in the green print too, not as yet worn. So -- three exact same dresses, albeit very different colors/patterns, seemed a bit much. Thus I was trying to decide which two to keep.

I'm definitely keeping this black one. The fit is great, I think, as it is with it's sister dresses. But more so this is about as fundamental a piece as you can get. Tho not the quintessential little black dress it's at least a real good basic black dress. I can see accessorizing this in myriad ways -- always a good thing. In fact I think this outfit could use a pop of color. I'll be wearing it with a denim jacket and scarf today, so that will provide the ooomph this time.

I wanted to wear my comfy brown Merona Karla boots from Target with it so chose the brown belt from NY&Co to tie the color in plus add emphasis at the waist. Not long ago I'd never have mixed brown & black together and now I've learned this really does work.

The dress has earned a slot in my closet. Now...which one to return?




7 comments:

*Lady D* said...

Ok, great minds think alike because i'm wearing a lbd today too!
I clicked on the pic, to get a better view of your outfit and not to be a creeper, but i see some nip action...lol. now if that was intended rock on. but apart from that, you look fab!

*Lady D* said...

oh and i do the same thing too w/ t-shirts...

K.L.R. (aka Kayleigh) said...

Lady D -- gosh, yeah, I noticed it later after I posted and clicked on it myself. I guess it was a little colder out than I realized, lol! Oh well...such is life :)

Sheila said...

Great dress! I agree, you need a pop of colour here (tights??). Post pics of the other colours/patterns of the dress so we can see!

Autumn said...

I like this dress a lot! It looks great on you.

Why do you have to return any of the other dresses? If they all look different, who will know? Show us!

K.L.R. (aka Kayleigh) said...

Thanks Sheila & Autumn...and you're right, I should put on the dresses and post them. Next week I'll do a post with both the other dresses on and slap the black dress pic right along side.

(but secretly I think Autumn hit the nail on the head...I'm leaning towards keeping all three, lol!)

And Sheila -- tights, that's what would do it! (and of course you have the perfect pair of turquoise ones, lol, don't you :)

Mara said...

Looking gorgeous..! Few months back, I too got a black dress from Chadwicks.